You are going to take a stand about whether or not you believe that regular standardized testing is fair and equitable to English as a Second Language for students (either way is fine as long as you have a position).
You are to write a position paper that details why you believe that ESL students should or should not be subjected to standardized tests. You are to make your case as well as provide recommendations. You may NOT simply continue citing from the book over and over. You are to synthesize what you have read in regard to formal/informal assessment, concerns of language assessment, and the tools used to assess language, and make it your own.
This is a formal paper that must adhere to the following:
- it must follow APA 6th Edition guidelines
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
- it must be at least two content pages
- make sure to cite your references
- it must have/address the following subheadings:
- Synthesize Assessments,
- formal/informal assessments,
- concerns for language assessment, and
- tools used to assess language,
- Statement on Assessments,
- your opinion
- Recommendations, and
- how you believe ESL students should be tested, and
- Closing Remarks
- it must have a minimum of two references within the text,
- at least one from the Internet,
- and at least one from a scholarly artifice found through the SFA library search engine