Purpose of assignment: Our readings for this part of the course have introduced you to the concepts of environmental justice (EJ) and environmental racism (ER). Your understanding of these terms is foundational for you to critically examine present day environmental issues as this course moves forward. This essay provides you the opportunity to comminicate in a well organized and well written essay what your understanding of these concepts is (based on a multitude of texts). Consider the following questions:
● What is environmental justice? What are the histories, movements, ideas, legal cases that encompass environmental justice. Your paper should address a minimum of 2 specific responses to these questions.
● What is environmental racism? How is environmental racism manifested? What are the histories, policies and ideologies that underpin ER? Your paper should address a minimum of one specific response to these questions. In your analysis of EJ and ER you can also express any thoughts, questions, concerns or emotions that are emerging as result of learning these histories. Requirements for essay:
● A 1 page printed outline of your paper is due in class on Monday of Week 6 (Sept 24). Your outline can be bullet points or any other organizational sequence that provides us some insight as to how you plan to organize your essay.
● Printed rough draft of your essay Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
● Your complete final essay will be
● Your essay should be 4-5 double-spaced pages in Word format. Do not submit in other format. Turn it in function in Moodle will only accept a Word doc.
● Use Times New Roman font, size 12, 1 inch margins all around. Number your pages.
● Your works cited or reference page does not count toward total page count.
● Your in-text citations and reference page should be in APA style (info available on CSULA Library website).
● Your analysis of EJ and ER should include readings used in class up until week 7. You should use minimum one chapter from Cole & Foster’s book. In total, you should have 3 sources (each chapter from Cole & Foster counts as a source). You can also use one video used in class to count as a source.
● No late papers will be accepted.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!