This assignment concerns the same water park scenario as 3MER Written Assignments A and C. The work can be very demanding during the cooler months. There have been occasions in the past when some of the permanent employees have argued that those working on a temporary basis do not seem to care about the work that they are doing:
One possible problem which has been identified is that the individuals are working very long hours. Explain the legal requirements that address working time. (AC 2.1)
- Amongst those working on a temporary basis there are parents of young children. Explain the law that protects such individuals. (AC 2.2)
- It is important to ensure that the individuals are not demotivated due to issues relating to pay. Explain two legal issues that must be considered when determining the pay levels. (AC 2.3)
- There is some concern that the recruitment processes are sometimes rather chaotic. Not only might this mean that the wrong people are recruited, but there is the possibility that there could be allegations of discrimination. Explain the main requirements of discrimination legislation. (AC 2.4)
- You suggest to the employer that there is the possibility of a breach of the psychological contract, but the employer does not understand what this means. Explain it to the employer. (AC 2.5) Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
- Write a description of the learning process you went through in order to write this assignment: what you knew about employment relations before you attended module 1; what you learnt during the module; and what you learnt in preparing this assignment.
You should also include 3-5 references from up-to-date and relevant sources in order to support your findings. Please ensure that all reference sources are acknowledged correctly within the text and on a reference list provided.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!