Should dark pools be prohibited? Discuss this statement by exclusively presenting arguments for AND against. To make your arguments you must anchor your writing in the academic literature on your topic. For the purposes of this assignment, you should argue for AND against, and provide a convincing conclusion!
Your writing must be anchored in the academic literature. It is imperative that you provide full and correct references in your essay.
Format Your essay should be between 1,500 and 2,000 words long, excluding references.
Please sate your word limit at the end of the essay.
It must be typed, using an 11 point font and 1.5 line spacing. Please be aware that you must adhere to the word limit, writing fewer than 1,500 words or more than 2,000 will be penalised.
Reading The following references are designed to allow you to start your research. You are encouraged to read widely and to research beyond these sources.
– Aquilina, M., Diaz-Rainey, I., Ibikunle, G., and Sun, Y. (2017) Aggregate Market Quality Implications of Dark Trading, FCA Occasional Paper No. 29. Available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2824352 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2824352 (accessed: 24 August 2017)
– Davies, R. J. and Sirri, E.R. (2017) ‘The Economics and Regulation of Secondary Trading Markets’, Initiating Conference ‘New Special Study of the Securities Markets’ Columbia Law School New York City, New York, 23 – 24 March 2017. Available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3012536 (accessed 24 August 2017)Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
– Pan, J. (2017) Does Dark Trading Affect the Link between Stock Prices and Fundamentals?, Working paper University of Utah – David Eccles School of Business. Available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2981499 (Accessed: 24 August 2017)
– Petrescu, M., and Wedow, M. (2017) Dark Pools in European Equity Markets: Emergence, Competition and Implications, ECB Occasional Paper No. 193. Available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3008485 (accessed: 24 August 2017)
When I met the professor she mention that,
– I have to definite (definition )dark polls from many different writers and resource , compering between them and give my opinion clearly about the best one and why .
– Focus on the main ideas of the task the positives and negative points of dark polls ( don’t use more than 2 points each ) which make the dark pools be prohibited or allowed and why ? , give my opinion clearly by use ( I , my opinion , my point of view , I agree … , I disagree ) in every one . and try to focus on the positive if you think should dark pool allowed or focus more on the negatives point if you think should dark pool be prohibited.
– She does not need a lot of points, but she need more depth analysis for each one
– I have to explain why I agree this writer and why I don’t agree
– Use professor’ reading list above as resources (compulsory)
– I need 14 reference included the professor reading list.
– Use short conclusion (because we already gave my opinion on the analysis therefore not more than 3 or 4 sentences .
– Use British English.
– For references list should use Harvard style .
– Use new references .
In this task you should discuss reasons in depth and support them with evidence from the academic literature. You should focus on what you feel are the most compelling reasons and explain your choice of reasons. Listing many reasons and only writing a few sentences on each will not be appropriate, so be selective and prioritise. You may use examples from anywhere in the world to illustrate a reason but again you should explain why you chose this example.
Ensure that any statement that is not your personal view or your personal invention is clearly attributed to a source in your text. You are permitted to write “I think…”, “I believe….”, provided you can also give reasons for your view point. You are also permitted to write in the third person, e.g. “One could argue….”, “The literature suggests… “ etc., however, you should not use “we” as this is an individual assignment!
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!