Public health practicum – prevent falls in elderly
Topic: Reduce falls and fall-related injury in elderly population. YOU CAN CHOOSE ANY OTHER SUITABLE PRACTICUM TOPIC THAT IS RELATED WITH THIS PROJECT.
I work for an agency that is developing a fall precaution policy, procedures, and educational materials/resources for the community it serves. This project will count as my practicum experience as well. Therefore, I WILL NEED A PRACTICUM PROPOSAL THAT COVERS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS:
1. Describe the public health or health care problem/issue meaning the falls and fall-related injury in elderly population and why it is important and What are the objectives you seek to accomplish?
2. What type of educational and professional experience are you getting from this practicum/experience? Please explain the knowledge that you will gain in terms of health policy, health education, and disease prevention or any related competencies.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
3. Please list the goals you have for this practicum. How will it further your public health practice skill set and commitment to improving the public’s health?
4. Approach and Methods and Explain the approach(es) you plan to use to meet these objectives and describe the specific actions you will take and methods you will to employ. PLEASE READ THE WORKPLACE’S POLICY TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
5. Write an “Ends Statement” for this Practicum. An Ends Statement answers the question: “What will be different as a result of this work?”
6. Describe in a few sentences how you plan to apply and achieve each competency below through this practicum experience:
• Describe origins of current public health and health care dilemmas
• Create and evaluate current health policies and propose recommendations for change
• Understand best practices in community and population
• Research and propose an innovative new approach to health promotion
• Explain the influence of environmental factors on the public’s health
• Summarize regulations and laws in public health