What is Pervasive Computing?
Pervasive computing is computing power freed from the desktop—embedded in wireless handheld devices, automobile telematics systems, home appliances, and commercial tools of the trade. Pervasive computing software helps manage information and reduce complexity for a mobile workforce and a mobile society. In the corporate world, it extends timely business data to workers in the field and drives down costs. In our personal lives, it expands our freedom to exchange information anytime, anywhere. These new technologies will require more mobile hardware devices to support them.
Case Assignment Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
There are two parts in this Case Assignment:
Review the mobile mintablets article and the Intel article from the background readings. These will give you some perspective of recent developments in hardware incentives and development which is the basis for many new hardware platforms. Answer the following questions in a 2 page paper.
- Where do you think pervasive computing will expand to next? Explain your answer.
- How does pervasive computing affect your life? As a consumer or employee, would you make use of these different systems? Why or why not? As a wireless developer, which applications do you think have the most promise and what could you do to make those applications a reality?
- Does the idea of an open phone with developers “free” to develop and make available applications make sense? What are the benefits? What are the limitations?
Use information from the modular background readings as well as the given resources. Also, you could use any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
LENGTH: 2 pages and double-spaced.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Your ability to consolidate ideas from reading materials and your understanding of the materials.
- Your ability to write a report with strong argument.
- Some in-text references to modular background readings.
Watch the following video, and scan your environment for devices or objects that utilize pervasive computing (e.g., your watch, car, maybe even your toaster?). Do more research on these items, and write a 2-page summary of your findings and how you view these emerging technologies. Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfefQ0Itbik
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!