Nursing Papers Essay Help-A short-answer written assignment
A short-answer written assignment
Consider the following research paper published in the International Journal of Public Health:
Treloar C, Gray, R, Brener L, Jackson C, Saunders V, Johnson P, Harris M, Butow P, Newman C (2014) “I can’t do this, it’s too much”: building social inclusion in cancer diagnosis and treatment experiences of Aboriginal people, their carers and health workers. International Journal of Public Health 59(2):373-379.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Based on the published article, answer the following questions in approx. 250-300 words each (you can allocate more words for some questions, as long as your overall count is 1500).
- What social problem is being addressed in this research? What is/are the research question(s) being addressed by this research? How do the authors link the social problem and the research question? (20%)
- Describe the paradigm adopted by the authors, and give some evidence from the article for your answer (20%)
- Thinking about what matters ethically in conducting research, discuss how well the researchers adhered to the ethical guidelines concerning research with Aboriginal participants (20%)
- Describe the population, sample and data collection techniques used by the researchers, and comment on their suitability to answer the research question (20%)
- Summarise the research findings. Have the researchers answered the research questions posed? (20%)
You will be assessed using the following criteria
- Ability to identify the difference between a social problem and a research question and how they might be linked.
- Demonstrated understanding of what a paradigm is, and how the use of a paradigm can be identified in a research article.
- Understanding of the key ethical principles of conducting research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and how they are practically applied.
- Understanding of the terms ‘population’ and ‘sampling’ in qualitative research design, and how they are linked to the research question
- Ability to identify and critically assess the argument of a piece of published research.
- Demonstration of critical thinking
- Ability to make written arguments
- Appropriate referencing
Lecture notes, readings