In this Performance Task Assessment, you will have an opportunity to demonstrate your competence in market alignment. You will create a senior management-level PPT presentation that assesses the newspaper marketplace and the role of digital product options. You will consider new tactics and/or strategies to increase the success of in response to the NYT Paywall Case Study provided.
Your response to this Assessment should:
• Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric.
• Adhere to the required assignment length.
• Use the APA course paper template available here.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
• The New York Times (NYT) Paywell Case Study
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) document: Marketing Presentation. Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
To begin this Assessment, read the New York Times (NYT) Paywall Case Study. As you read, evaluate the market that NYT was facing and, based on the information presented, formulate marketing tactics that you would recommend to NYT’s leadership.
Create a formal PPT presentation (15–25 slides) that will communicate your marketing tactics. Be sure to include the following sections and details:
Section 1: Executive Summary (You may choose to complete this section last.)
• A single slide containing 5–7 bullet points that summarize the remaining slides.
Section 2: Customer Expectations
• Identify customer expectations as part of a complete market analysis including demographics.
Section 3: Market Trends
• Identify at least five market trends impacting the company. Elaborate and/or speculate on the trends’ implications for the company at the end of 3 years.
• Include a high-level SWOT analysis of each (two bullet points per quadrant). The trends may include: use of new media by a customer segment (e.g., mobile media), price increases resulting in fewer purchases/purchasers or segment growth/shrinkage, consolidation of suppliers or competitors, resource scarcity, and so on.
• Recommend tactical responses to the opportunities (or threats) identified in the SWOT analysis for each of the trends.
Section 4: Social and Ethical Considerations
• Recommend marketing actions that take into consideration their impact in the areas of ethics, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!