|Topic for Paper 1: How is a literary theme represented in a short story? You will develop a paper that answers this question and demonstrates the following outcomes for writing and literature. You will be able to
· Analyze literature for a purpose
· Distinguish digital or print materials through annotation to demonstrate reading and summary skills
· Identify a theme in a short story
· Identify one to three examples in the story that support the theme
· Write a thesis statement that clearly identifies the title of a story, its author, the theme,
and what the paper will discuss about the story and the theme
· Write clear topic sentences for paragraphs that let the reader know what the paragraph
will discuss Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
· Write paragraphs that explain how the examples from the story support the theme
· Arrange a paper by presenting paragraphs in a logical and interesting fashion
· Write sentences in standard American English that clearly express ideas
· Demonstrate the MLA style of formatting in the layout of a paper
· Demonstrate the MLA style of formatting by documenting material from the story within
the paper and on a Works Cited page
· Explain in a clear and logical fashion what you have learned about your writing
Hints: Remember that your reader has read the story and is familiar with it. You do not have
to spend time on summary. Instead, your development should explain and analyze how the theme is demonstrated in your story.
Special Hint about Plot: Be aware that a paper about a piece of literature is NOT a plot summary. Your plot summary, if you must have one, should provide only the details
necessary to highlight the parts of the story that help to develop your paper, such as a short paragraph of five to six sentences.
Reflection on your Writing Process: On a separate page of your submission, provide an overview of your writing process for this essay and what you have learned about your writing process by developing your paper. Also note two areas that you would like feedback on,
such as thesis statement and topic sentences.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!