Toward Restoration -The Bakumatsu Period
Please follow the instructions carefully and answer all of the items. All return assignments are check for plagiarism prior to releasing payment.
Your sources should be from the material listed below. Please do not use outside sources. Make sure you have the textbooks listed.
Assignment Question:Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
1. How did the arrival of Commodore Matthew Perry changed Japan?
2. How did the politics change? And how was the social order challenged?
3. Do you think the fall of the Tokugawa shogunate was inevitable after the arrival of The West?
You should be discussing the period BEFORE the Restoration, sometimes known as the bakumatsu.
Readings and Text
1. Japan: A Modern History, by James L. McClain, pp. 114-154
2. Bending Adversity: Japan and the Art of Survival, by David Pilling, pp. 66-67
3. Modern Japan: A History in Documents, 2nd Edition, edited by James L. Huffman, pp.39-65
4. Peasants, Rebels, Women, and Outcastes, 2nd Edition, by Mikiso Hane, pp. 11-27
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!