History of Chicanos
For your discussion, explain any changes you found in both texts. Then explain whether or not you would change anything in the Constitution that exists today. Remember, changes to the Constitution can occur, so long as a Constitutional Convention is called and 3/4 (38 States) ratify the amendments.Explain why you would make those changes.
Some changes that have been made to the Constitution include the prohibition of Alcohol in the Country, the abolition of that Prohibition, the reduction of terms (two) for a President, the right for women to vote, lowering the voting age to 18.
- Select from one of the following Discussion topics and explain your answer citing at least 2 sources from the readings, movies, or the lecture.
- Were the fights for independence actual revolutions? Why or why not?
- What role does social class play in the independence movements? What about race? Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
- Three questions from the video of Marty Robbins – Ballad of the Alamo.
- What is the point of the song? What message is the song trying to get across?
- Do you think that this is an appropriate way to memorialize the soldiers of the Alamo?
- Are the men of the Alamo heroes? Why or why not?
- Choose two of the artists in the pdf, select one piece by each artist, and answer the questions below.
- What message is the artist(s) trying to express?
- Does the artist consider the history of Mexico? How?
- Does anything significant strike youabout that piece of art?
- After reading the Plan de San Luis and the Plan de Ayala, in your opinion which “Plan” has a revolutionary ideology?
- Think back to Article X from the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. It was removed in order to facilitate the taking of lands from Mexican people. Fast forward to the 1950’s and the battle for Chavez Ravine where Mexican people’s lands were taken.
- In your opinion, was the Chavez Ravine incident, and the Zoot Suit Riots that had happened 16 years before a result of the removal of Article X? Why or why not. Please include examples and at least two citations.
- How have housing laws and regulations affected where you live today?
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!