Ethics and Corporate Scandal
In this assignment, you will analyze a corporate scandal by considering the leadership skills and competencies that were lacking in corporate leadership, and looking closely at the way the scandal was handled by leadership. Your work in this assignment will contribute to your Global Leadership Development Plan in Unit 6.
Choose one of the corporate scandals from the list below, and then look for 3-4 articles that analyze the ethics of the scandal or how corporate leadership dealt with the scandal.
• The Volkswagen emissions scandal.
• The Toyota scandal (2007-2010 acceleration and brake recalls).
• The BP (British Petroleum) Deep Water Horizon Gulf Coast disaster.
Note: This assignment is not intended to be an in-depth analysis of the full scope of the scandal you choose; rather, it is meant to give you a high-level overview of how effective and ethical global leadership should respond when things happen.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
For this assignment, address the following:
• Explain the primary ethical challenge for corporate leadership with regard to the scandal you chose.
• Analyze corporate leadership’s response to the unfolding scandal.
o Compare the skills and competencies a global leader should have with the actions taken during the scandal. What leadership skills and competencies were lacking in corporate leadership?
o Explain how leadership might have avoided the situation in the first place.
o Was response to the scandal equal to the seriousness of the event?
• Recommend an alternative strategy for handling the scandal. Support your strategy using at least two of the leadership theories you have studied in this course. Your strategy may focus on avoiding the scandal in the first place, or on dealing with the scandal after it happened.
Organize your assignment logically, using headings and subheadings as appropriate. Include a title page and references page, using APA guidelines to format citations and references.
• Structure: Include a title page and references page.
• Number of pages: 3-4, not including title page and references page.
• Number of resources: At least 3 resources.
• Formatting: APA format for citations and references.
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced.