EFFECTS OF WALKING FOR ADULTS WITH HYPERTENSION
-There is current and contemporary literature and/or practice related evidence included to support the REA.
-There is some justification of the benefits of an REA and why a response to the focused REA question is needed for practice yet also what appears to be results as well as some contradictory information is included as well as what appears to be results (see c comments p. 7 -9)
-Mostly appropriate methodology for a REA based on the content of the module induction, although some of the description is grammatically awkward or unclear, which calls into question whether the methodology was implemented correctly.
-There is no inclusion or exclusion criteria stated.
-Some justification and presentation of evidence for decisions made in relation to the aims,objectives, resource and scope of the REA set out in chapter 1 Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
– A somewhat logical presentation of results and evidence of the findings is present. Vague in places and detailed in others. Some details are not tied clearly to supporting an answer to the research question.
-It is not clear how common themes or topics in response to the REA question have been determined and how the results have been organized in relation to themes.
-The quality appraisal of the evidence is not included and in many places there are only general statements and claims about the evidence.
-Critical discussion and analysis of evidence in relation to the REA question and results is not evident.
-Critical discussion of the findings in relation to the current practice situation is missing.
-Introduces new data that doesn’t appear in the results section specifically.
-This section content is more results than anything else.
-Acknowledgement the limitations of the REA process and findings presented
-Recommendations for practice, research or similar
-Summary and response to the REA question and aim
-Abstract, glossary, referencing, appropriate use of appendices, contents, structure 5/10
-Abstract included. Needs some grammatical and methodological clarifications. States a conclusion about women and more generally yet title is adults.
-There are many places that are lacking a logical flow.
References present with only minor formatting errors.
-General areas for commendation
The focus of the REA has relevance for practice especially as it relates to educating patients and answering their questions about exercise as an intervention for pre- and actual hypertension.
-General areas for improvement
There is an overall need to clarify the organization and flow of content.
There is an over use of superfluous words and phrases that often are not accurately used in relation to the content.
-Results need more detail in places and clear critique. Results need to be presented that will lead to answering your question. The discussion needs more focus on the critical analysis and synthesis of the results and what this then means for practice. This then leads into a conclusion and recommendations based on the overall quality of results.
1. Assessment Presentation
When marking this assessment, the markers will also be looking for the following.
Good use of spelling, grammar and language throughout.
Appropriate focus, meeting learning outcomes/assessment criteria.
Logical progression and structure of arguments.
Evidence of a range of relevant supporting reading.
Use of accurate, evidence-based information to support the arguments made.
Follow normal Academic Regulations in terms of Academic Offences, style and language.
Use of the Harvard referencing style appropriately and include the references list.
A declaration statement which says you have checked your Turnitin originality report and that you are certain that the work is your own (and has never been submitted for marking before by you, or anyone else).
A statement that says you have maintained the confidentiality of clients/customers and persons associated with them, including colleagues and organisations.
You will note that most of these will have been incorporated within the marking criteria (on the previous page) and marks will have been allocated to them. Different modules will give different.
2. Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this learning, and this module, you will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to work independently
2. Critically appraise evidence in relation to an area of practice
3. Specific Assessment Component Guidelines
Assessment description: Rapid Evidence Assessment (dissertation)
Assessment Component: Assessment weighting: Assessment limits: Assesses module learning outcome/s:
1 100% 9,000 words (see the word count guidance) 1 & 2
This will consist of an end of project report using an appropriate report format such as (detailed guidance will be provided through the taught component and supervision). More detailed guidance and the mark scheme can be found in an additional document in the assessment area. It is strongly advised that you follow this as your supervisor will use this to provide advice and award marks.
– Use of high quality, current and contemporary literature and/or practice related evidence
– Clear justification of the benefits of an REA and why a response to the focused REA question is needed for practice
– Appropriate methodology for a REA based on the content of the module induction
– Justification and presentation of evidence for decisions made in relation to the aims, objectives, resource and scope of the REA set out in chapter 1
– Logical presentation of results and evidence of the findings from each stage of the method presented in chapter 2
– Common themes or topics in response to the REA question have been extracted based on the data extraction method that was presented in chapter 2
– The quality appraisal of the evidence found
– Critical discussion and analysis of evidence in relation to the REA question and results
– Critical discussion of the findings in relation to the current practice situation
– Acknowledgement the limitations of the REA process and findings presented
– Recommendations for practice, research or similar
– Summary and response to the REA question and aim
Abstract, glossary, referencing, appropriate use of appendices, contents, structure /10
– Logical flow of the topic throughout the work in relation to the original question, aims and objectives with a clear response to the question in the conclusion
– Appropriate use and high quality supporting information/documentation e.g. abstract
The grid below provides some further guidance on how marks are awarded. Any box with an ‘!’ indicates a failed piece of work even if you achieve more than 40% in other boxes.
4. Feedback, marking criteria and grading of your assessment
This section tells you how the marker will assess your work fairly. All markers aim for our feedback to be: timely, individual to you, helpful, empowering and manageable.
They will also offer you opportunities to discuss the marking criteria they intend to use, and the type of feedback they intend to give you. You should create a shared understanding of this with them and your peers during the course of the module. They may also give you opportunities to assess your own work and the work of your peers. Look out for these opportunities.
Assessment markers can give you feedback and allocate marks to you using a range of methods and tools that are appropriate to the specific module and assessment. The marker may make comments within your script (in bubbles) and may also give you written comments in the long box. They may give you a form of audio or video feedback.
When they give you feedback on your assessment, as a minimum, your marker will tell you:
• if and how you have met the relevant learning outcomes
• the areas within which you did well in this assessment (they will commend you)
• the areas you could have improved in this assessment (they will make suggestions)
• what activities you can work on to help you in your next studies (you can take these ideas forward with you, and may discuss them with your Personal Tutor. You can also build them into your Action Planning.
In this module specifically, they will use the following tools. This feedback and marking structure will be specific to each component as relevant to these.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!