Question 1: Essay
Discuss and evaluate theory and research on individual roles and identities within groups.
Use information from social psychology theories and research evidence. This essay must address Learning Outcomes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in relation to social psychology.
You will find it useful to go first to the distance learning materials and explore group structure and identity theory, Belbin’s team roles, and leadership theory in relation to leadership as a team role. Extend your reading to the core text, and to peer reviewed journal articles sourced through EBSCO.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
• Introduce the nature of roles within groups (include the role of leader).
• Provide an overview of what you intend to do in this essay and the structure.
• Set up an argument or hypothesis.
b) Main body of essay
• Provide a discussion of roles within groups using social psychology theories and research material. Structure this section using paragraphs, each with a main idea and no more than a third of a page long.
• Address the essay task throughout and further your argument.
• Pull your argument together with a firm conclusion.
• Your conclusion should address intentions referred to in the introduction.