Critical Thinking Assignment
You must attend CSUF Dance Theatre and write a 3 to 4 page critique of the performance. Tickets go on sale four weeks before the first performance $12.00 pre-sale at the Theatre Box Office (657) 278-3371 $14.00 at the door.
The paper is due on Titanium under assignments – the ticket must be scanned or photographed and included on your paper. worth 50 points.
Each student must write a Dance Concert Critique based on the guidelines below. Grades are based on completeness, content, insight, grammar, spelling and presentation. All critiques are required to have a title page. The title page must list student’s name, professor’s name, class name (Dance 301) day and time, assignment title. Critiques submitted without a title page would automatically have 10 points deducted. Critiques must have the ticket stub image scanned or a photo on the Title Page. If ticket stub is not included –10 points will automatically be deducted. There are no make-up assignments for this critique requirement and tickets are not accepted late.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Write a 6 paragraph essay analyzing 4 dances.
- Define dance, you can use a quote or definition from an article or book about dance or you can create your own definition. Tell what dance concert you attended. Choose four dances to critique. Indicate the title of the dance and what it signifies. (paragraph 1)
- Analyze the dances from an artistic perspective. Use your own knowledge and understanding of life. Be creative, use your imagination and draw from your own background of experience. (paragraphs 2-5; use one paragraph to describe a dance)
- Does the dance display an emotion? Describe the emotion and how it makes you feel.
- Does the dance express any aspect of society? What era is it from, present, past, future? Describe it.
- What type of movement and gestures were used to express the concept of the dance?
- Did the production elements (set, lighting, music, or sound) contribute to the overall concept of the dance?
- Conclude your paper with what you have learned and experienced. Discuss your understanding of dance as an art form. (paragraph 6)
- Your paper must include an introduction, the body, and a conclusion.