Custom essays writing services: Your boss has asked you to create a presentation summarizing the company’s sales for the previous year. She also wants you to send out a memo to employees inviting them to a company meeting presenting these figures. YOUR TASK For this project, you’ll create a memo, using Microsoft Word, inviting employees to an annual meeting. Then, you’ll create a graph, in Excel, showing sales figures. Lastly, you’ll create a PowerPoint presentation, into which you’ll import your Excel graph, that will be shown at the meeting.
Now that you’ve worked with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you’re going to use your skills in a graded project using all three of these applications. This will give you another chance to practice your skills. You’ll use many of the concepts and techniques you’ve learned to complete this graded project.
Your project is divided into three parts:
• Creating a memo with Microsoft Word
• Creating a chart with Microsoft Excel
• Creating a presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint, which includes data from your Excel chart Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Your boss has asked you to create a presentation summarizing the company’s sales for the previous year. She also wants you to send out a memo to employees inviting them to a company meeting presenting these figures.
For this project, you’ll create a memo, using Microsoft Word, inviting employees to an annual meeting. Then, you’ll create a graph, in Excel, showing sales figures. Lastly, you’ll create a PowerPoint presentation, into which you’ll import your Excel graph, that will be shown at the meeting.
Part 1: Creating Your Memo
1. Open Microsoft Word and create a new document.
2. Save your document as Rockway Memo.
3. Insert the current date at the top of the page in Times New Roman, 12 pt. Make sure you select the Update Automatically option when inserting the date.
4. Type and format the rest of your letter as shown in Figure 1. Be sure to use the following formats and fonts:
• The title Rockway Gifts in Arial, 16 pt, blue color, and boldface font
• TO:, FROM:, and RE: lines in boldface black Times New Roman, 12 pt font, and double-spaced
• The body of the letter in Times New Roman, 12 pt, black color font, and single-spaced
• 12-point spacing after paragraphs
Part 2: Creating Your Chart
1. Open Microsoft Excel and create a new worksheet.
2. Save your document as Rockway Chart.
3. Enter the data into your worksheet as shown in
Figure 2. Be sure to use the following formats and fonts:
• Type the title Rockway Gifts Sales 20XX in Arial, 16 pt, and boldface font. Use Calibri 11 pt for the rest of the information.
• Format the title to merge into cells A1–D1.
• Enter the figures in column B as accounting.
• Decrease the decimals by two spaces in column B so that only full dollar amounts appear (no cents).
• Adjust column width to fit content.
4. Below the data you just entered, create a chart using the data from the worksheet.
• Be sure to choose a columnar chart.
• Enter the title as “Rockway Gifts Sales 20XX.”
• Enter the X axis as “Months.”
• Enter the Y axis as “Sales Figures.”
• Don’t include a legend with the chart.
5. Move the chart below the worksheet as shown in Figure 3.
6. Return to the data in cells B2–B13. Use whichever formula or tool you wish to sum up the total sales in cell B14.
7. Type “Total” in bold font in cell A14.
8. Underline the text in cell B13.
Your worksheet should now appear as in Figure 4.
Part 3: Creating Your PowerPoint Presentation
1. Open Microsoft PowerPoint and create a new presentation.
2. Save your document as Rockway Presentation.
3. Apply the Slice design template to all your slides as seen in Figure 5. If you don’t have the Slice design
template, choose another suitable design template.
4. On your first slide, type “Rockway Gifts, Annual Sales Meeting,” as in Figure 6.
5. On your second slide, enter the data as seen in Figure 7.
6. On your third slide, type “Sales by Month” as the title, and then copy and paste your Rockway Chart from your Excel worksheet as seen in Figure 8. Be sure to select the “Use Destination” theme and “Embed Workbook” as the paste option.
7. Create your fourth slide with the text as seen in Figure 9. Be sure to add clip art or a photo of a party or celebration to the slide.
8. Create your fifth slide with the text as seen in Figure 10.
9. Create your sixth slide with the text as seen in Figure 11.
10. Create your last slide (Slide 7) with the text as seen in Figure 12. Be sure to add an appropriate media clip to the slide.
11. Add a slide transition to all slides in your presentation.
12. In Slide 6, add an animation scheme so that the bulleted text swivels in as you move through the presentation.
13. Add a multimedia sound indicating applause that automatically plays when you reach the last slide in your presentation, Slide 7. Drag the sound icon off your screen so it’s not visible in your presentation.
Your project grade will be based upon the following elements:
Rockway Memo is typed and formatted correctly as in Figure 1:
Title of Rockway Gifts in Arial, 16 pt,
blue color, and bold font 5%
TO:, FROM:, and RE: lines in bold black
font and double-spaced 5%
Body of letter in Times New Roman,
12 pt, single-spaced, black font 5%
No spelling or formatting errors 5%
Excel worksheet data entered and formatted correctly as in Figure 2:
Cells A1–A4 merged into one cell
to hold the title Rockway Gifts Sales 20XX 5%
Numbers in Column B appear as
currency with no decimal spaces 5%
Cell B14 includes a formula that adds
numbers in column B 5%
Excel chart appears as a bar chart as seen in Figure 3
Slides created and formatted correctly 10%
A design template applied to all slides 10%
The Excel chart from Part 2 inserted into
Slide 3 10%
Clip art added appropriately to Slides 4 and 7 10%
Slide 6 has bulleted text that swivels in when presentation plays 10%
The sound of applause played upon reaching
Slide 7 10%
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!