Critical Reflective Essay
Create a detailed concept map that explores a subject that has resonated with you in the First Peoples Health and Practice course . To assist you, you should ask yourself:
1. What has resonated with me the most in this course?
2. What are key concepts within this subject that stood out tome?
3. How did these concepts make me feel and/or how did I react when I heard this?
4. Why did I feel or react this way?
5. Continue to ask yourself ‘why’ to unpack each concept in detail, from your personal, professional and the dominant cultural lens.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Using the concept map completed in Part A as a guide, write a 2000 word critical reflective essay, applying the Critical Reflection Framework adapted from Walker, Schultz and Sonn
1. Define and discuss the subject and its key concepts and then choose one concept to write about.
2. Reflect on how your own culture as well as your professional culture, influences your understanding of the concept.
3. Analyse the viewpoints and assumptions of others and the dominant cultural paradigm relating to the concept.
4. Discuss what you have learnt from this critical reflective process and how this learning influences your perceptions of, and interactions with, Australia’s First Peoples in the health
5. Discuss how your future practice may be transformed as part of this process.