Coursework Writing Help-W5096_M9A2-What is your definition of cheating and plagiarism? Is academic cheating out of control? Is there more plagiarism happening now than in the past?
Assignment 1: Discussion—Academic Cheating
Let’s take the opportunity in this module’s discussion assignment to explore our own personal definition of plagiarism and cheating and how academic cheating affects all of us.
Using the readings for this module and your research about plagiarism on the Internet, respond to the following:
- What is your definition of cheating and plagiarism?
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
- Is academic cheating out of control?
- Is there more plagiarism happening now than in the past? Why? Support your answer with reasons.
- Are there any extenuating circumstances where cheating and plagiarism are acceptable?
- What is the impact of cheating or plagiarism on one’s future profession?
Assignment 2: Opponent’s Perspective
In M9: Assignment 1 (Academic Cheating), you picked a position on the question of cheating and plagiarism, its current prevalence: its pro or con.
It is easier to make a case for a particular point of view when one believes in that side of the argument. In his book The Art of War, Sun Tzu (2009) said, “Know your enemy” (p. 86). To successfully maintain a point of view, you need to know what your challenger might say to refute your arguments.
In this assignment, create an outline providing the opposing side of your argument and support your opposing perspective with a minimum of three to four distinct points. Include supporting subpoints and examples under each of your main points in order for your argument to be clearly envisioned.
- If you believe that cheating or plagiarism occurs more frequently now than it did in the past, then outline the points for opposing this point of view.
- If you believe that there is no more cheating or plagiarism happening now than it did in the past, create an outline that gives the contrary perspective.