Cork’d: Building a Social Network for Wine Lovers
Case Study Link: https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/content/58790652
Case study is also copied and pasted below the objectives.
You should include additional information to help in the analyses. You are to refer to materials from the readings and outside materials to support your contentions. Adhere to APA guidelines. There is a 4-page limit on verbiage (not including title page and references). The qualities I’m looking for in these reports:
- You present your own thinking and work and NOT a restatement of the case. I am familiar with the case.
- Your paper should present your argument and then present facts and opinions that should support your argument.
- Cite any sources for your information. You do not need to cite these cases because I know that much of the information will come in some way from them, however if you use additional information from the course readings, a newspaper, website, magazine, journal or book other than specifically out of the case, you should cite that source to give credit to the owner of the idea/knowledge you are borrowing.
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Please address the following issues as you are analyzing this case.
- What/who are the target markets for Cork’d? Analyze the effectiveness of targeting these groups.
- Assess Lindsay’s vision of Cork’d as a 2-sided network. What value do wineries bring users? Do users bring wineries? Do users bring each other?
- Beyond the fees, why might a winery be reluctant to join Cork’d? An individual user? What, if anything could Cork’d management do to address this reluctance?
Should management allow advertising on the site? Sell well? Why or why not?