Choose a scholarly book about any topic related to your major (Easy choices are biographies of people related to your field). Read the entire book and write a review of it.
- Correct formatting, citations, and writing conventions for your area’s writing style.
- 4 pages
- Write a process comment in the comments section of the submission form.
Choose a scholarly book about any topic related to your major (Easy choices are biographies of people related to your field). Read the entire book and write a review of it. This means that you should not just summarize the content; you should also evaluate the books and answer some of the following questions:Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
- Is this a good source? Is the author an authority? What credentials do they have?
- Is the writing clear? Is it full of jargon? Is the information useful?
- Is the argument strong? Does the author make their point well?
- Do you agree or disagree with anything they said? Why or why not?
- What questions did they leave unanswered?
- What questions did this book make you think of?
If you need inspiration, read some book reviews for other scholarly works, examples of which can be found via Google.
DO give a good summary of the main points and important information before launching into the evaluation. This should take half of the paper, while the other half is your critique of the book.
DON’T tell me if you liked the book or not. I don’t care if you enjoyed reading it; I just want you to talk about it.
|Process Comment||Grammar||Peer Review||Total|
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!