PA#5 Americanization & Hollywood
NOTE: You cannot see other student replies until you reply yourself first.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT BEFORE THE DESIGNATED TIME TO RECEIVE CREDIT.
1. Read the articles down below.
2. Answer all parts of the required questions.
Readings: Americanization & Hollywood
Americanization (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Manuel Gamio on a Mexican-American Family and American Freedom (ca. 1926) Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!
Vicki L Ruiz The Acculturation of Mexican American Women
Bobbed Hair Blues: A Mexican-American Song Laments “Las Pelonas” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Answer all parts of the questions in complete sentences. The response needs to be at least 1 paragraph (3-5 sentences) per question.
1. What were some of the intergenerational tensions experienced by the Santella family? What was the social background of this family? Why did the immigrate to United States? (Gamio article) Who were “las pelonas” in the 1920s?
2. What were major disagreements between Mexican-American women and their immigrant parents in the 1920s? (Ruiz’s article on Mexican-American Women) Is this a primary source? How do you know?
3. Growing up did you experience intergenerational tensions within your family? Over which issues? Are you experiencing intergenerational tensions with siblings or children now?
Professional Custom Writing Services from the Experts!